« Choose, as your mood dictates, between the calm by the swimming pool, a good massage with essential oils, or simply give to yourself a moment to do nothing and enjoy it… »
Lakaz, the perfect place, which one would like to keep secret, to relish the joy of silence, the quiet contemplation of lush Nature… or simply enjoy a long moment of relaxation, mixed with a session of sauna, massage or reflexology.
Between peaks, valleys and waterfalls, walks along paths, discovery of flora and fauna in the mountains and natural parks of Chamarel and of Black River Gorges ( with or without a guide ), bicycle rides… We organise, according to your wish, your sporting and cultural activities, your visits of the Island, your golf on neighbouring courses or if you prefer a sea outing in the ocean below us.
Activities/services and relaxation at/from LAKAZ CHAMAREL
Wifi in Bar and living room. A living room provided with a chimney, a TV room with a television set with numerical bouquet, books and games at the disposal of the guests.
- 2 Swimming Pools
- Daily free shuttle to the Beach 3 times/day(10h15/13h15/16h00)
- Musicians 3/4 times a week during dinner time
- Outdoor Meditation Labyrinth
- LAKAZ SPA : Massages in our ‘Cabane de massage & spa - and in room as well - (with Supplement)
- Nature walks/hikes and discovery of flora & fauna in the mountains and Natural National Park around Chamarel (with supplement if you require a personal guide).
- Free Bicycle (Included in Lakaz Formula with a picnic basket)
- Free Yoga Session (upon booking)
- Private Yoga Session (with supplement)
- Fitness Kiosk
- Laundry service (with supplement or included in our Lakaz Formula)
- Free WIFI in public area and in all the rooms
- Car hire (with supplement)
- Lakaz can organize all activities upon requests (water sports, golf, swimming with the dolphins, kite surfing, fishing, hunting, cultural activities, island visits, shopping, etc.…) With Supplement
- Baby Sitting service (with supplement)
- Taxi service & public transport available
- Limousine service to and from airport (with supplement)
Activities & Excursions
- Magnificent view on the ocean and the west coast within 5 or 10 minutes walks from your room through the property: View Point
- Discover a walk in our Labyrinth (model from the labyrinth of Chartres Cathedral): Note that the first Labyrinths date from the Paleolithic period. The Labyrinth of Chartres was incorporated in the floor pavement around 1200, during the construction of the cathedral.
- Climb of Piton Canot from the paths on the estate with or without a guide (~1h00 walk).
- Visit of Chamarel’s coloured earth and waterfall going through the village of Chamarel (distance from Lakaz: 3,5km ~1h00 walk or 30 minutes on bicycle). The coloured earths of Chamarel are made of dunes with 7 variations of different colours, fluctuating between the ochre, brown, yellow, red and purplish blue; they constitute a very rare geological curiosity. Once mixed, they always end up being separated. This phenomenon would be caused by the presence of volcanic ashes containing mineral oxydes of different colours.
- Black River Peak, the highest mountain of the island which you can admire from Lakaz, with or without a guide (~3h walk).
- Black River Gorges with or without a guide (~3, 30 hours walk from Pétrin to Black River). The National Park of Black River Gorges, the green heart of Mauritius. With its 50 kilometres of paths and its six marked circuits, the Black River National Park is the favourite place of hikers. One finds in the National Park 163 of 311 species of endemic plants, as well as 28 species of endemic birds, unique in the world and protected, some of which have been saved from extinction and which you may be fortunate to see.
- Walk to Bel Ombre (~1h30) and lunch at the Château (on reservation)
- Bicycle rides in the village of Chamarel and/or descent towards the coast through the village of Baie du Cap (we can pick you up with a 4x4 at the bottom of the Case Noyale descent!).
- Visit of the Rum Distillery
- Visit of the wood Museum
- Parc Aventure
A bit further…
…Towards the high plateau
- Grand Bassin or the sacred lake of Ganga Talao: the most important place of pilgrimage of Mauritians of Hindu faith. Thousands of pilgrims dressed in white flock towards the sacred lake every year (in February or March) on the occasion of the Mahashivaratree festival, carrying a « kanwar », a portico decorated with garlands, mirrors and pictures of Shiva. The pilgrims purify themselves in the holy waters of the lake. This special place of spiritualism, which evokes the elevation of the soul, has also become an important tourist attraction. The temples can be visited if you are properly attired.
- The Tea Road
…Towards the south
- The kites (cerfs volants) at Saint Félix (lunch on reservation)
- The Vanille Crocodile Park
- Visit to Ile aux Aigrettes, real sanctuary of fauna and flora
Shopping and activities in Mauritius: